3 days ago
Photo: Haselgrove4 - drilling tower, flaring tower, FIFO cabins and pond, set amongst beautiful agricultural land. ... See MoreSee Less
1 week ago
Don't worry The NT News - we fixed this up for you 😀🌞
(The Northern Territory has an incredible opportunity to draw on world-class solar resources to rebuild our economy. Call on your NT election candidates to support a solar-powered economic plan that will grow jobs for Territorians. 👉 www.ecnt.org.au/repower_nt) ... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
Protect our water
A new poll has found 86% of Territorians are opposed to fracking.
The shale gas industry has already been given $94 by the NT Government over the past decade.
One fracked well could use up to 60,000 litres of NT water.
The NT should be investing in renewable energy not dirty and dangerous fracking.
Fracking companies are going bust in the US and have become unviable.
#frackfreegeelong #frackfreevictoria #frackfreeaustralia ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago
"From the west coast of Victoria to the Top End of the NT, communities are facing a renewed push by the coal, oil and gas companies to ‘dig and drill’ our way out of the COVID-19 economic crisis.
Did you know that polluters want to drill for gas and oil in the coastal waters of south west of the state, from Port Campbell to the south Australian border?
If we don’t succeed in stopping these developments, we could be living with drilling rigs within 5 kilometres of the coast for years to come."
"Now more than ever, it's up to us to make as much noise as possible to stop new fossil fuel projects.
1. Send an email to let Dan Andrews know there is community opposition to oil and gas expansion in coastal waters.
2. RSVP - let Friends of the Earth Melbourne know you're ready for action:
3. Find a surfboard, kayak or surfboard-like object (a cardboard cut-out? an ironing board? your younger sibling's longboard?)
4. Take a photograph from your loungeroom or elsewhere in your home with the message #StayInPaddleOut (on a piece of card or superimposed over the image).
5. Post the photograph to Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram any time on the 8th of June.
www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/may/21/leaked-covid-19-commission-report-calls-for-australia... ... See MoreSee Less