"From the west coast of Victoria to the Top End of the NT, communities are facing a renewed push by the coal, oil and gas companies to ‘dig and drill’ our way out of the COVID-19 economic crisis.
Did you know that polluters want to drill for gas and oil in the coastal waters of south west of the state, from Port Campbell to the south Australian border?
If we don’t succeed in stopping these developments, we could be living with drilling rigs within 5 kilometres of the coast for years to come."
"Now more than ever, it's up to us to make as much noise as possible to stop new fossil fuel projects.
1. Send an email to let Dan Andrews know there is community opposition to oil and gas expansion in coastal waters.
2. RSVP - let Friends of the Earth Melbourne know you're ready for action:
3. Find a surfboard, kayak or surfboard-like object (a cardboard cut-out? an ironing board? your younger sibling's longboard?)
4. Take a photograph from your loungeroom or elsewhere in your home with the message #StayInPaddleOut (on a piece of card or superimposed over the image).
5. Post the photograph to Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram any time on the 8th of June.
www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/may/21/leaked-covid-19-commission-report-calls-for-australia... ... See MoreSee Less